Wednesday, December 24, 2008

WAHOO - last chemo done!

Hi Everyone

Well, I thought I would do this blog!

Had chemo 6 today - last one!!

We left the house at 7 as it is snowing like crazy here - and has for the last 4 days (we have a white Christmas - stop snowing! - over 2 feet don't want anymore!) and wanted to make sure we got to the hospital and clinic on time - no problem, only took 30 minutes. So got my blood work done - I was the first patient. Then breakfast in the cafeteria and wait and wait. My chemo appt was for 9am and we meandered to the clinic at 8:30, hoping they would take me early - no such luck - took me late instead!

My chemo nurse was Phil - not quite as organized at the gals I have had - but nice nonetheless. He asked me how I had been feeling and how I was feeling today. I said ok, the usual aches and pains. He he said my white cell blood count was up (16.5) and he was concerned. He had to phone Dr. Johal (my oncologist is off this week) to see if it was ok to proceed with the chemo and it was. He said it was probably because of the steroids that are in the Docetaxel and in the Hydrocortisone. But we were out of there at a decent time!

I gave gifts to the chemo nurses I had previously - ornaments for their trees and they loved them. Got hugz from Donna - as she was the only one there.

I have a CT scan booked for Feb 3 to see how the tumours are doing and then see Dr. Pansegrau on Feb 13 (a Friday). And then we will go from there.

Brian and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope that 2009 is a much better year health wise for me and that 2009 brings much luck and happiness to everyone!!

Hugz
Roni

- Last chemo!


Just to give an idea on the snow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Roni!!!! Glad the snow didn't prevent you from getting to your chemo session. All the best with the results of the white count. Those tumours had better be shrinking if they know what's good for them.
Blessed Christmas to you and yours
Mavis

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Roni..I knew you could pull through this and you are almost at the finish line!! I can't wait to hear the good news after your x-ray.

Lots of Love

Niki G said...

Happy New Year Roni and family!

Anonymous said...

Party, party, party time..... Yuo can't hear me but I am signing that. Of course, on the other hand some may say (hubby and son) it's a good thing you can't hear me sing. LOL

Yes, I am LATE but not in spirit. Been with you all along my angel. I remember last chemo day, almost surreal. I think it was a great way for you and your family to start Christmas and the holidays.

HAPPY NEW YEAR CHEMO WARRIER & gang
Love, hugs & lots of laughter,

Bonnie (in the almost as white looking north. hee! HeE!)