Friday, February 12, 2010

Mini Update

Have a mini update!


First - good news! Patrick was sworn into the Canadian Military on Thursday - so we are now part of a much bigger family! There were 8 young men including Patrick that went from civilian life to military life in a short but nice ceremony. Brian and I were there, as were his sisters and their husbands. His Dad was there in spirit - as he is working in England at the moment. Patrick will fly out of Vancouver on the 20th to St. Jean sur Richeleau (near Montreal) - now the time sucks!!! We have to get him to the airport for 5am and his flight via Calgary is at 7. I think that is when it will get more real for me. But he is doing something that he has wanted for a long time and he will do great and we are all so very proud of him!!!


Got my check up call from one of the nurses, Olivia, from the Nursing Line at the Cancer Clinic today. Wanting to see how I was doing going back on the chemo meds at a reduced dosage. Well, some of the symptoms have started already and this has Dr. P concerned - he is worried that the symptoms will be worse seeing as they have started so early. He pulled me off the meds. So will find out on March 1st what they are going to do. I am waiting for the results of the bone scan - could find out on Monday and have a CT scan booked for the 18th. One of these days they will hopefully find a drug that works with me and shrinks those dang tumours!


Vancouver is going crazy right now - opening ceremonies for the Olympics are in a few hours and the city will be alive with Olympic fever - oh yeah, the city already is!! I watched yesterday as the Olympic flame went by me in PoCo. Was a really great feeling - being part of history and so close to the flame. I plan on sitting down in a few hours and watching the ceremonies - I bet they will be wonderful.


Will update once I get some more information - could be next week or could be March 1st.


Cheers

Roni

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni,
I really hate to see a bare reply wall so I will post!!! Congratulations to Patrick, and time will pass quickly and hope he is stationed closer to home. You did get some great torch pictures. I know I sure enjoyed seeing the torch relay through Surrey. How was your day at Granville Island? So sorry to hear you were pulled off of the meds because of the side effects. Hopefully they will figure out a good plan for you and you will start to see the results that you truly deserve... Shrink those tumors!! Go Roni Go!!! Wouldn't it be great if red wine was the secret tumor shrinker? Can't hurt to try ;) we will have to give that a shot and of course I will be right there with you for moral support!! can't wait to get together... Love ya... Have fun at the olympics Rae

Roni said...

Thanks Rae - I too hate to see a blank reply wall but getting used to it now. Granville Island was awesome - had one guy wanting to trade his Olympic fleece jacket for my fleece vest! Said I couldn't till next week - then I owened it!! I am still having side effects and have been off the drugs for a full week. I got called Monday and today from the nursing line to check up on me and that was great. Had the CT scan yesterday - so will find out all results on the 1st of March. Seems like a long time to wait. Will be up bright an early tomorrow - have to get Patrick to the airport for 5am! And yes, we need a wine evening!!! Hugz to ya too!

Tori said...

Hi Roni,

I'm a good friend of Patrick's and I know I've never met you or spoken with you but I wanted to tell you that you are one of The strongest and amazing people I've ever heard of! And I wanted to let you know that I wish you best and extra strength on those days when you need it and all the other days too.

In love and hope,

Tori from NS