Sunday, June 27, 2010

All good news!


Now how is that to start the blog for a change!

A lot has happened the last two weeks. Went to see Dr. Klimo to get the results of my ct scan, saw him June 21. He asked how I was doing and if in any pain and I said yes, and he said in your right leg! How did he know! 50/50 chance he said. But I also said it was bothering my hip and walking. Patrick and I then went back to his office to actually see the results. He went through my file and asked when I had the last bone scan – February I think it was. He then pulled my x-ray and ct up on the screen. This is the first time I have ever seen them – was never shown them at the cancer clinic. He said there were no malignancies in my abdomen, liver looked good and kidneys were looking ok, as well, the pelvic area looked clean. There were no masses showing in my lungs which there had been previously– what a relief – just lots of “freckles” as he called the small tumours – and from the x-ray, could see that there were a lot of them. But the big ones had gone. He asked how I was tolerating the drugs and said not too bad actually and that I had gotten used to injecting myself. I have a feeling he is going to increase the dosage with doing as well as I am. My bone scan is booked for June 30th and will get the results on the 8th of July.

For Mother’s Day, my three wonderful kids had given me two gift cards to my favourite spa for an hour relaxation massage treatment and for a manicure. What a perfect time for it – just before Matt and Britt’s wedding. Massage was on Wednesday. I had Soo and she was so good. Got a 15 minute steam bath I decided to have mine after the massage – it was awesome! Then off to the waiting room – lemon water as well as cucumber water. The cucumber water was really good today – really fresh and cold. I need I think, to have a massage once a month – sounds like a wonderful plan to me.

My friend Tiberius came for a visit Wednesday – was so great to see him. He was in town only a short while getting his passport updated and lots of other paperwork he needed. He flew off Thursday back to Romania.

Chemo day – went off without a hitch – getting a little boring I think! I lost 3.3 lbs in two week, which they are a little concerned, but I was happy! Gabbie asked if I was trying to drop the weight or if it was because of the chemo and drugs, I said the latter. Other than I had to be there two hours before chemo to get the blood work, the time flew by. I managed to find a purse for the wedding in the hospital gift shop of all places and got it discounted as well. $18 for a stunning evening purse that will get lots of use. Actual time in the chemo chair was about 45 minutes – the chemo itself took 10 minutes to get into my system – they push this one quickly. Getting the pre-meds took longer! Got my needles for my five days of injections. But I was glad to be out and will be back in two weeks.

Then it was time for the rehearsal for Matt and Britt’s wedding. Was short and it will go off so well the day of the wedding. And then the rehearsal dinner, which was held at friend’s of Britt’s family out in Pitt Meadows. It was such a beautiful setting. Great food and friends – was a good evening, though when that sun went down, it was a tad chilly. So the bonfire was lit and it felt so good!

Saturday morning - well, had all the guys here for breakfast at 8am – pancakes and sausages. We sat out on the deck and relaxed and then off the guys went o pick up the vehicles and decorate the hall. I, on the other hand, went for my manicure with Veronica! I went for a totally different look for me on nail colour. I would be wearing a darker blue dress, so I went for a medium blue nail polish with some embellishments on two of the fingers. Looks odd at night time though! Veronica does such a great arm massage – almost as good as her pedicures! So, then it was home again – guys (and gal – Matt had one young lady in his wedding party) back from decorating the hall and the cars. Then it was time to get dressed! Lindsey in the bedroom, the guys in the living room. I ran downstairs and quickly got dressed – and the bathroom time upstairs was a hoot. The guys took more time fixing their hair then Lindsey and I did doing our makeup!!!

Brian left in one of the vehicles to go and get the bride and her maids. Russ drove the other vehicle with the guys. Patrick and I went in my car. Little bit of chaos getting organized at the firs bit, but then things started to roll along smoothly. The bride’s car arrived and they were told to go away that they were about 20 minutes early. So, Brian drove them up to Bunsen Lake and back. And when Britt got out of the vehicle – she looked so beautiful!

Brian and I walked down to the beach – long way in 3.5” heels!!! And of course we landed on the wrong side of the family – we stood with the bride’s family but that was ok, we were in front and got some beautiful pictures. The wee ones were all so cute – they almost stole the show. But once Britt arrived on the arm of her Dad, Ken – all eyes were on her! The ceremony was short and sweet – and the sun shone on them both – it was so beautiful. Then up the hill for family photos and once those were done, they bridal party left to take pictures elsewhere and the rest of us went inside for drinks and appies. Bridal party arrived back and a wonderful meal followed – one of the best I have had at a wedding for sure. It was a long day, but so worth it.

So, told you, it was all good news! This is all for now. Another report in two weeks.

10 comments:

BCSugar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BCSugar said...

It's sooo exciting to see a very positive report on the blog this time 'round!! Great going! Hope the drugs and the doc keep you well, and 'mass-free'! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the positive reports! *Hugs*

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news V!! That is wonderful. The wedding looked like a good time was had by all. Perfect weekend to have have had it considering the rain today.

Your spa sounds so good!! I need one of those soon. I have a massage gift certificate I need to use soon especially hearing how good your's was.

Again, it is great to hear the awesome news. Go Dr. Klimo!!:<)Go V!!

Talk to ya later... Love ya, Eileen

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOO!!!! these are the kind of results we're loving. Good for you darling. So how is the hip doing? I could soooo go for a massage - was just telling hubby today that a person should have a spa date at least every 3 months but monthly would be divine!

hugs, Pink Lady in PG (Bonnie)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Great news Roni. What a beautiful day for a "white wedding" as well! Was thinking of you and hoping you were all having fun. Man...you are one of the prettiest bald woman I have ever seen. Really...you have such a nice shaped head! You and Brian look great! (oh the bride and groom look nice too). Sending a hug...as always! I'm sure we will "chat" soon! huggies again. Donna

Anonymous said...

Glad to have a rare moment to catch up - you have certainly not been sitting still. Congrats on the wonderful relay results and my best to your young friend Samantha - she sounds like an amazing woman!

The wedding pics are wonderful - it was so nice to see a young woman among the groom's attendants. Here's wishing the couple a lifetime of happiness and good health!

You, of course, looked marvellous as always. So did Brian. And the kids were adorable.

Most of all, I'm thrilled that there are no large masses - the freckles can just darned well disappear too (I tell them so daily) "Dr Klimo sounds like a gem - imagine no one showing you your test results before. WTH - it's your body!

Keep shining Roni - it's been a long tough road but you bring light to whatever you touch and the good you put out SHALL come back to you!
love, Mavis

yummymomma08 said...

That is awesome news Roni!!! Your pics of the wedding are beautiful and you looked great. :D

Ashton is starting to say more and more words. His newest ones are up and what we think is Juice, and ama for Grandma and pappa.

Roni said...

Bald is beautiful!! And what is on top at the moment, will be gone later today.

Like you guys, I loved the positive report we got a week ago. Let's just now hope that the bone scan shows the same results - zippo on spots. Just need to figure what is causing the pain in my legs and esepcially my right hip. Saw the family doctor today and got some increased pain meds - so will see if they help - these ones are slow release - so take one in the morning and one in the evening, and then just take my other pain meds when needed.

It was different having a gal as one of Matt's attendants, but they have known each other for a long time and she is like a sister to him. She is quite shy actually - poor girl with that group of guys!!!

Mavis, I will tell Samantha tonight when I see her. She is in the hospital for her chemo this week, so Meghan and I are headed up to see her and see how she is doing.

Eileen - the massage was awesome, the gal did such a great job and then having the steam shower after - well, I was really melted!

Hugz back to all of you wonderful friends!

Roni

Anonymous said...

Roni, I was sooo happy when I read the good news of the tumors being gone. Now those "freckles" have to "fade" away too! I want to hug Dr. Klimo for not giving up on you. Onward Celtic Warrior!!!!

Glad you had such a great spa day. Hope you can get one in again soon. It should be part of your healing therapy.

You looked cute in the photo standing next to Brian. Bald is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You are right Lynne on Dr. Klimo and that he hasn't given up on me. Good thing - I have too much to do!!

Had a wonderful dinner last night with the Perfect Young Lady's - You will have had to have seen the movie/play The Boyfriend to know what I am talking about!

Cheers for now. Busy day today!

Hugz
Roni