Monday, November 1, 2010

Just an update

Hi everyone

Just an update to keep everyone in the loop! Not too much has been going on over the last three weeks other than healing - and that is what s important!

As mentioned in the last post, Dr. Mutat took out his handiwork and it is healing wonderfully and he did a pretty good job at it as well.

I go back and see Dr. Klimo on the 10th for the change in protocol and then more than likely on the 12th for chemo - at long last - I am way too past due for my chemo (was due Oct 1 and well it kinda got pushed back) and need to get the nasty drugs into my system to start battling the tumours again. I also have an appointment with the BCCA to see a Dr. Winkle Kwan who is a radiation oncologist - Nov 15 - long time away at the FVCC where I had been previously. We were hoping to have gotten the radiation information and got the process going. But guess will have to wait to see him and see what he has to say.

On a real bright note, I will be part of Vancouver Fashion Week starting at the gala tomorrow evening. My designer, Patricia Fieldwalker is talking with the organizer and seeing if she is making me two outfits or one. I had thought just one for the fashion show on Wed but she seems to think she needs to make something for me for the gala - heck, I will take whatever she suggests! She sounds very bright and upbeat and that is real nice to have right now. At the end of the month, Brian and I will be attending the 2010 Grant reception for some of the top achievers within cancer research and I am very proud to be a part of this.

I want to send out some thank you notes via here - I know, cheating!!!! Anita - from UWLM - you make awesome banana blueberry bread!!! My friends from England want the recipe!!! Pink Angel thank you so much for the Cancer Vixen book - I am enjoying reading it and can relate all the way through, as can you I bet!! Annie, my wonderful older sister - thanks for the lottery ticket - it is a winner as you told me and has a few more draws to go - maybe a few more bucks would be nice!! Rae & Wilkie - thank you so much for the M&M card - it will go to good use for sure. Lori - the scone lady - they are amazingly good - one box down and another to go. NJ - your cake as always is so good - I really do want the recipe!! Other gals from UWLM for the chili and the pasta sauce - thank you so much - they are coming out next!!! All the flowers that came to the hospital and to home - they made my days even brighter. Especially the ones from the wedding in Hope!!! Long story on that one!!!!

Well that is about it for today - good news for a change and that is nice to have. Soon enough we will be back to ct scans and xray reports to see how the chemo and the radiation are working together in getting rid of the damn tumours.

Love to all
Roni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roni glad you like the book. I only got a bit of a sneak peak as I wanted to get it off to you. I'm with you - let's get the chemo happening not that we want any funky side effects like you seem to like to get, but I know what it's like when you want to fight but have to sit on the side lines waiting for the ball so to speak.

Wow I didn't know I was in the presence of Celebrities when we last met. Hee! Hee! Good on you for the fashion show. I hope you get 2 outfits and I'm very much looking forward to pictures of course.

Must get to bed and hopefully get a decent rest - start boot camp tomorrow night. Oh boy, I'm sure I's going to be a hurting unit come Wed AM! - but that is nothing like you've been going through for sure. Hang in there babe. With so much love and positive vibes going out across the way to you I'm counting on good days ahead for you. Oh and with scones you wouldn't (you lucky bum you...)

Love, hugs & laughter, Pink Angel (PG)

Anonymous said...

Just read your blogs regarding the surgery and post surgery. Glad that you are doing well and are up to even doing a fashion show. Can't keep a Celtic Warrior down! Hope all goes well with Dr. Klimo this coming week.

MM