Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's been a while....

Hey everyone,

It's Meghan here, I've been meaning to get an update on here for a while and but ran into some troubles logging in. I hope you are all comfortable 'cause there is A LOT to update everyone on....

I know a lot of you have sent me messages on facebook, asking me if Mom is ok, as she hasn't been online for a while. She has been fighting a cold for a while now and it is just starting to finally go away. With her not feeling well, she has been laying low-thus the reason she hasn't been online.

Shortly after having the radiation in early December, Mom also had a round of chemo. She ended up having an odd reaction to both of them combined (swelling/redness in the face). Since then Mom has not had any more radiation-but for a good reason, the radiation on her brain did what it was supposed to-stop the tumors from growing.

Unfortunately, the news isn't so good for Mom's lungs. As there was an almost 2 month gap between having the radiation and chemo, the tumors in her lungs have had a chance to grow-A LOT! So as of right now, we are waiting for Dr. Klimo to come up with a new set of chemo drugs for Mom to take.

Mom had a good Christmas, spent with some family and friends. We had a family Christmas dinner on Boxing Day, filled with presents, turkey (and fixings), roast beef, pumpkin cheese cake and pie.

Mom would love phone calls and visitors, as she gets lonely being at home all day.

I know there is more to be updated here, but I will have to cut it short for a few reasons... First, I've lost the piece of paper that had everything on it to be updated. And second, I have a sick, little boy sitting on my lap at the moment... I will update more tomorrow....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Meghan.
Roni I hope you're feeling better and can kick that darn cold very soon.
I think of you every day and send hugs and kisses.

xoxo
Sandy Mc

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update Meghan.

Roni.
This really sucks that your lungs are so problematic as I know that can't be very comfortable for you.I don't imagine the cold helps either, but when it rains it pours it seems.

I think of you all of the time and miss you when you are not online. Wish I lived closer and could pop in to see you.

Sending virtual hugs.

Daphne Choquette

Rae Chow said...

Hi Roni and Meghan,
Thanks for the update Meghan. You and your family are always close to my heart. I will come by soon to have a glass of wine with you, if you feel up to it we could arrange a dinner at our house. Would love to see you and Brian. I am glad to hear you are resting and lying low..... We are all so used to your busy busy schedule! I don't recall you ever in the lying low position!!! Take care my friend I love you!!,!
Rae

Donna/Maria said...

Hi Roni

Donna and Maria(Kamloops)follow your Blog all the time. We are thinking of you and send you big hugs & positive thoughts......

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update Meghan..please give my love to your mum xxxxxx love Katrina Sutton xxx

BCSugar said...

Hi Megz and Roni,

Thanks for updating at least a little Meghan - it helps friends to know what's going on, when there's been no word in such a long time... Hope you get the remainder of the update posted soon.

Roni and Brian, it was very good to see you both yesterday, and to have a short visit with you for a bit.

Roni, we hope you're feeling better very soon, and can get back to some of the things that are important to you, like keeping very busy.

Brian, thank you so very much for a jar of your homemade relish - we'll give it a try very soon.

Thinking of you...

Hugz,
C & R

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update Meghan. Have been thinking about Roni all week. I was supposed to phone Tuesday night - apologies was at boot camp. I will phone this weekend to find out the scoops. I felt bad last time I called as talking seemed to bit difficult.

Roni I hope Dr Klimo comes up with a kickass cocktail to BLAST those tumors out of your lungs once & for all! Hugs, Bonnie

bev21544 said...

Hi Roni, and thanks Meghan, been looking for word for awhile. Sending you lots of big hugs from snowy Alberta and the furry and feathered crew send hugs too.

Bev Williamson

Sandra E said...

Thank you Meghan for taking time to update us, I hope your little one is feeling better, Give your mom a big hug for me! I think of her everyday, hope the doctor gets things moving, and the cold leaves. HUGS Roni...Sandra E

Pat Cummins said...

Tahnks for the update Megz - I have been wondering what was up and was almost afraid to ask ...I had noticed that there had been no posts from Roni for a while... Damn that C ... !!
Hugs from here for all of you there!
Pat and Paul

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni: Thinking about you and hope that you are having better days. I appreciate Meghan's up-date, thanks Meghan.

Sending prayers, love & hugs to you Roni, Brian & family.

Shirlee M.