Thursday, November 13, 2008

Round 4 of Chemo




Roni just chilling will the drugs go into the system!



Round 4 went well. But then they are always rather boring. IV in, drugs drip in, IV out and you go home!



This time Chantal came with me - so those of you who know what her and I can get up to - we had a lot of fun. Donna and Colleen, the chemo nurses had a blast with us. Donna actually flew out from behind a screen on her chair when I mentioned that Chantal was married to my ex-husband - lots of laughs and giggles over that one - her comment was I want to hear to that one. She got an edited version!!!





Chantal and Roni after the chemo session was done!



And this time, Donna actually posed for a picture - better than fuzzy ones! She doesn't like getting her pix taken she said because they were not great - well Chantal got a good one of her.






Donna and Roni after session done!



Then Chantal and I dropped by Brian's shop to say hi and go home - except I forgot it was Wednesday and he had his networking dinner. So, I went over for a nice visit with Chantal and Rick - with a wee drink and some lovely cheese - mmmmmmm.



Next blood work is Dec 1 and meeting with Dr. Pansegrau same day. Dec 3 is chemo number 5 - and that just leaves one move on Xmas Eve - #6 and then we are done! A CT scan will be done a couple of weeks after treatment 6 and then we will see how those tumours are shrinking!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your CT scan after your 6th treatment SHALL be a delayed Christmas present - excellent results! You've been a very good girl and Santa is going to reward you.....the elves are standing by for a special delivery, just wait and see! Roni - if you could hear the cheers for you all across this country and beyond it's borders - your ears would hurt!!!
hugs, Mavis

BCSugar said...

Sorry I wore you out yesterday... but we did have a lot o' laughs, you have to admit! And we both learned a little more from Colleen with regards to when full recovery takes place, after the chemo sessions are finished.

I enjoyed seeing what goes on during a session, and how it's done - now I know! Thanks for asking me along! I'd do it again next time, except that we'll be away...

Anyhooooo, see ya on Saturday - we're looking forward to the visit (and dinner)!

Love ya!
C

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that everything is going well Roni. (Not that I doubted it would ;) ) I hope you are doing great, and I hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

These are great photos, Roni!
And such wonderful news that your tumors are shrinking!!!
Take care,
Victoria

Anonymous said...

Roni, you look bright, positive, and vibrant in your photos, just as you come across in all the positive things you send to our teaparty group.
Taking photos of your chemo session, that is something I never thought of doing. You will have something to look back on years from now. I do mean years. Good news will keep coming your way.
Your smile is so inviting I wish I was there with you to give you a big hug!

Mary Margaret