Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update on Tests

Hi Everyone!

This will be just a brief update, as Meghan and I are in Victoria for a much needed break!

Got the results yesterday from Dr. P - the CT scan showed that there is some shrinkage - which is good to hear. My tumour markers are also down - which is good to hear - they were at one point 67 and the went up to 365 and yesterday the number was 285. The bone scan also didn't show anything that wasn't there before.

He is going to continue the chemo till session 6 and do the CT scan again and go from there. I told him that he gave me enough meds for 8 treatments! He also commented on me seeing Dr. Klimo and he had no problems with that - he knows the doctor and thinks quite highly of him.

He also gave me a Rx for more anti nausea meds - $130 for 3 - yikes!!! But he said if I want to get them, I could just take one at the same time that I take my other anti nausea meds on chemo day. I left the Rx at home, so will have to wait on getting it, if I want. I pay 30% of the cost. Terrible that we have to pay anything for a drug that will help ease the side effects of chemo. But guess we just need to change the government!!!

Ok,this is all for now... time to explore Antique Row and see what we can find - we saw a few things yesterday but we didn't go into the store and also want to go into the discounted china place and tea cups!!! Lots to see and do here and we plan on doing as much as our legs can carry us. We walked a lot yesterday - ahhhh - yes,this is preparing us for the Relay for Life in June!

More after chemo on Monday,

Roni

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds promising Roni,but a way to go I think! Keep up that wonderful spirit ,my prayers go with you and your family!!
Loads of hugs and love.
Sandy D.(England)

DesignTies said...

Love to hear good news, Roni!

And I'm envious that you're exploring antique shops in Victoria!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Victoria

BCSugar said...

We were so glad to hear the good news from you the other day! You see... perhaps crossing our fingers for you had some positive effect! Well, okay, maybe I'll have to concede that the drugs play some role in this, as well! At any rate, the news isn't bad at all, so keep up the good spirits when you're able! I hate it when you're not feeling well and so weary from your sessions... Love to you...

Anonymous said...

Good news Roni.... I am looking forward to the Relay... Was on the Island this weekend as well for a much needed spa weekend at the Kingfisher... pictures on fb soon... sounds like you and Meg had a wonderful weekend and the weather was fantastic..... Love Rae

mike said...

I knew if I crossed my fingers and everything else it may help...sounds like it did...but I'm having trouble uncrossing some things...oh my!
Celebrate the small victories!