Friday, April 3, 2009

Just a wee update


A nice sunny day - what a change from the terrible weather we have had. Makes me want to go out and work on the new garden - oh yeah, have to wait for Brian to dig up the turf. But, I can go out and wash off the rocks that are full of mud!!

Saw Dr. P this morning after having my blood work done - which he said is just fine. Came away with a bunch of appointments - CT Scan and Lab work, at SMH, on April 20 at 1:30; Bone Scan at SMH on April 21 at 11:30; and then Blood work on April 24 at 8:am and Dr. P at 8:20. Needed this one early as I will be off to Victoria on the 11am ferry with Meghan.

When I go back and see Dr. P on the 24th, he will have the results of the CT scan and then Brian and I will have some questions for him and guess same goes with the Bone scan.

Dr. P. decided to do the bone scan because I am feeling some pain in the ribs, he thinks it is just the lungs shooting off some pain, but I am unable to distinguish the two apart, and my last bone scan was in September and there were a couple of spots that they wanted to monitor. So, might as well get it done.

He also went over all of the items I had on my list - nothing to worry about, just more side effects of the chemo - congestion, red spots on the head, sleep patterns, headaches, bruising, and the usual nausea and fatigue. He did give me a Rx for cold sore meds - and of course it is one drug that is not generic, so I will pay the 30% for it.

Chemo is on Monday at 8:30 and Chantal is coming with me - so we know we will have fun with the nurses! And then we are going out for lunch somewhere for a girl's day!

All for now...I do miss people wrting here - I know you are looking at the posts but no one writes - even to just say hi, how are ya, what is new or what is new with you as well. Doesn't even have to do with anything regarding the cancer. I miss talking to people - the phone never rings, even close friends don't phone. I am still me, and being home alone is boring - believe me.

Ciao for now

Roni

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni, Glad to see things are going as well as possible. I'm enjoying warmer weather too, but we still have snow. Sorry, to hear you are feeling isolated, I know that all too well. I'm just starting to get out after 2 years trapped up and not working and people do tend to fad away. That's a lot of rocks there, your garden will be lovely, can't wait to see pics. Take care Sandra E

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni! It's kind of hard to know what to say, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you! Cheers Joyce <3 <3 <3 :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Roni - I guess cuz I sent you notes from work...I tend to not write on the BLOG Site. Lisa and I were talking about LUNCH!!! Time to make a date...Even Vishal is interested in meeting up with us this time!!!

So give us a date and we will start making arrangements!!!
WE will see you soon...I am going to add Steven too!
Kari

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - I see you're getting in some Relay advertising with your latest chemo round shots. LOL

I'm anxious to hear about these spots on your ribs. Hope it's nothing to worry about.

I know what you mean about people dropping out - you get the cancer you get lots of attention, then over time, people get on with their lives and when you're used to being at work it's difficult. Try not to dwell on that and think of the crap you don't have to put up with at work. It's year end for me and it's been a BRUTAL week.
I both look forward to working on Relay stuff, and can't wait for the vent to be over. I'm looking forward to some "down time" .

think of you almost every day. You continue to inspire me with your strength. Keep being an inspiration my angel friend.

Hugs, Bonnie (somewhat Northern Gal)

BCSugar said...

Hi Roni,

I'm glad you posted all your appointments on your blog, so we'll know what your timeline is when we're away again. I'm anxious to hear about your tumours shrinking to nothing, with this latest round of chemo...

We're crossing our fingers and toes for you regarding your tests and scans and such - but you already know that!

Glad you're feeling a bit better, as you mentioned on the phone a couple days ago... Even if you're finding yourself tired, just have a nap or two - heck, I do, and I always have when I get the chance.

I was thinking that it's too bad you and I can't take something to make our memories better, too, though what would be the fun in that, right? As it stands, we both get a laugh outta our forgetfulness, or lack of thinking of something that maybe should have come to mind... (??) Anyway, it's still all fun!

Maybe now our nice weather will stick around a bit, and you can spend more time in the garden, amongst the flowers and trees... I'll still miss all that, but maybe someday I'll be home long enough in the summer to make my garden look beautiful, too. That's a pretty big 'maybe' though.

All for now - I'll see you bright and early on Monday!

Chantal & Rick

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni,
I can only imagine how tough it is to go from a very busy fulfilling lifestyle to one where you are tired and aching and not able to do everything that you want to. I would go stir crazy too, and especially when it seems that everyone else is going about there usual routine... believe me I do think of you often and am always inspired by your strength. Neil popped over this afternoon for a bit and I said that I will invite him and Karen when I have you guys for dinner after Easter! Saw Trudy at Save on today and I guess Brandi is getting married in early July... hard to believe isn't it??? Let me know when you are downtown if it is in the next few weeks, and we can grab a coffee !!! Take care, Love Rae

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni - I'm so glad that your weather is better than ours. I don't have a yard but love to see what others do in theirs. I commented on your rocks and gave you a bad time about helping the SK farmers clear their fields. I had to spend HOURS as a child picking up rocks on our farm. My mother had rock gardens and it was my job to whitewash the stones every year. If you think that sounds a bit like Tom Sawyer - you're right - it does!! It was worth it once the nasturtiums bloomed and the beds attracted hummingbirds.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you go for more chemo. Hope those spots on your ribs are nothing to worry about.

hugs, Mavis