Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update


Hello Everyone!
Let's try this a second time!!! Went to put in a picture and everything disappeared!!
Just a quick update seeing as it has been a bit since I posted last!
Saw Dr. P this morning - with good news - which is always nice!! My tumour markers are down again and my blood count is good! So, that was good to hear!!! He listened to my heart and lungs and said they sounded good.
He has booked a CT scan for me three weeks after the last chemo - which is this Thursday and then we go back and see him the following week for the results and to get the port flushed. Hopefully start a new drug therapy of anti-hormonal drugs. But we shall wait and see!
Since the last post, have had the Relay for Life and my team The Country Dancing Boobies did fantastic - 16 members and we raised $4,690.19 - way to go team! We are already gearing up for next year with another Hot Dog sale in August.

Brian and I just before the start of the Survivor and Caregiver Lap.
The team - missing two team members in the picture though. Ryan was sleeping in his stroller and Alexus was asleep in her stroller.
Well, all for now, will do a short post Thursday evening!
Roni

5 comments:

Niki G said...

wooooooooohoooooooooo!

BCSugar said...

I'm so glad that you got good news from the oncologist this time! That's excellent!

Now we can look forward to some excellent news after the next doc appointment, too!

Yay! Good going!

Meghan said...

Edith is also missing from the picture

Roni said...

I know Edith was missing as was Susan - we had 16 great team members in total. Just wait till next year!

Anonymous said...

Good news on the shrinking tumor markers... wishing you well on your last and final chemo treatment today.. I will be thinking of you. Looking forward to dinner with the two of youon Saturday!!! Bye for now, Love Rae