Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last Chemo - Wahoooo

Hello Everyone!

Today was a great day! Had my last chemo session! And it went off like clockwork!

Sandy once again came with me - she has to be sick and twisted to want to come and watch toxic chemicals being dripped into me!!! Of course we went out afterwards for a lovely sushi meal and shake of course!!!

I had a new nurse, Trace, and he was great! Good sense of humour and asked me lots of questions and gave lots of answers! Felt very comfortable with him - as I have with almost all of the chemo nurses, one exception. And yes, I will miss them - they are such a wonderful group of people who are so caring and understanding with what a cancer patient is going through.

Nothing over exciting happened - other then when I got my card back. There were appointments I should not have had and ones I should have had weren't there. Like my CT scan, I got called yesterday to say my appointment was for July 13. But I have since found out my CT is on July 14 at 11:50, so have to be there for 11:20 and will have had to have gone to the Medical Day Care to have the IV put in place. And have to phone the oncologist to get the right day for the appointment to see him - will be a week after the CT give or take a day. Also found out that I have a year's worth of flushing booked with the Medical Day Care - the port has to be flushed every 4 weeks to prevent it from clogging. So we know it is there for at least that length of time. Trace said he has heard of the ports being left in for 6 years!



That is about it - told you nothing exciting! I do have to keep an eye on the incision. Lesley who took the IV out, noticed that it hasn't totally sealed, so wants me to keep an eye on it for a bit, any signs of infection or fever, I have to either see my family doctor or go to the hospital. And ya know, I really have had my fill of hospitals for a long time.

And as I left, I said to Trace and Lesley - hope to never see you again (well in the chemo room)!!!

And who knows, maybe back to work - now that would be great!

Roni








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni, glad to see good news. You look radiant, i'm in awe of you. Best wishes on back to work, or doing whatever you want to do. For your family, they are blessed to have you, and you them, a support system rarely seen now. My hat's off to you all! Sandra Erickson.

Anonymous said...

CELEBRATION TIME!!!! CHEMO IS DONE!!!! Way to go Roni... We are so proud of you and can't wait to toast you on Saturday night!!! Team Roni Rocks!!!! Love Rae & Wilkie

BCSugar said...

Hey Roni,

I'm soo glad the 'LAST' chemo session went well for you! Hats off to Sandy for going with you again. I find it hard, but I do it for you...

Now just to think that you won't have to see the inside of the chemo room again - stay positive!

See you in a few weeks, but I'll be watching for your follow-up updates in the meantime.

Hugs
C

Kim Mercado said...

I am SO glad it's over!! I've got my fingers and toes crossed you won't ever have to be in that room again :)

I hope to see you on saturday at the games! Enjoy the day

Love Kim

DesignTies said...

Going back to work WOULD be good!!

Looking forward to hearing all the good news the Oncologist will tell you in a few weeks...

Victoria

Anonymous said...

WAHOO is right. Way to go Roni - take it like a trooper and kick butt. Silly cancer didn't know who it was dealing with.

I await the news from your July appointment. Good I'm sure.

Hugs darling. Keep on gardening - flower child. :-)
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Excellent news again!
Sorry I had not checked the blog for a bit...
Hope to see you soon!
Kari