Monday, July 27, 2009

Decided that we needed a more fun blog for a change - so here ya go!!

Well, yesterday was our annual backyard bbq! The numbers grow each year and we almost run out of room on the lawn and the deck! But we all had a great time! All 60 of us…and not everyone showed up!

As usual, we wait to the last minute to start clearing off the deck and getting stuff ready. But Patrick, Brian and I had it all done by 1 – chairs on the lawn, tables prepped for food and booze, BBQ moved, area prepped for coffee drinkers and there were a few. Put one mister on the lawn and another on the deck. The kiddie’s pool was filled (and there were adults who wanted to go into it!).

Patrick and Jason were our wonderful chefs to cook everyone’s meat – they did an awesome job – got everyone fed and happy. And the food that everyone brought was so good – managed to sample just about all of it! And not much in the line of leftovers either!!

Was wonderful to have one of my sisters here – Annie, four nieces – Margy, Theresa (who brought me a beautiful bouquet of Stargazer Lilies), Cathy and Kathy, a great- niece – Chelsea and a great-nephew – Quincy (home for the summer from college in the US). Lots of friends from the Relay for Life, some of the Train Gang and from Masons. And so many wonderful and close friends.

And was great to have so many little ones this year – between 7 months and 5 years old – they had a blast – playing in the pool and running through the mister on the lawn. They never slowed down the entire time they were here and not a disagreement at all!

Last guests left at 2am today – we just sat and talked and talked!!

Well, that is it for this year – we will be thinking of the next one soon – the year will fly by.

Will post again on Thursday about the new chemo drugs etc. And I am starting my volunteer work at the World Police and Fire Games tomorrow - so once my time is up (about 30 hours) I will post on here how it was and any pictures if I am able to get any - I am in the opening ceremonies, so hoping to snag some pictures!





My beautiful granddaughter Ayla - 7 months - she is a cutie.










My sister Annie, niece Kathy, niece Theresa (Annie's oldest)







Rick getting a big hug from our grandson Ryan, Colleen and Rod








2 comments:

BCSugar said...

What a GREAT barbecue!! I'm so glad that we were finally home to attend it this year! I think we've missed out on too many...

It was a lot of great company, great food, and of course, great drink!! Too bad it takes so much to plan something like this - it would be nice to do it more often. If our yard was larger, I might even consider it at our house, but we'd definitely spill over into the neighbour's yards!

We'll have to do one on a smaller basis one day soon!

Take care, my friend - love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow...60 people! You may soon have to take it to a park! I will be sure to be there next year. I like how you mention Annie is the oldest! LOL - Geez, and who were the people last to leave? Hmmm... Awesome Veronica!! E.