Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby Days and Chemo!

Hi Everyone

Everything should be in pink - we have a brand new granddaughter!!!



Madelynn Sierra arrived at 11:51 on November 4 at Surrey Memorial Hospital. She weighed 9lbs 1oz - which may seem large but, remember, Ryan was 13lb 7oz! She was 21 inches long (we had that corrected - proof was in the measuring tape!!). Had a beautiful head of hair and lovely dark blue eyes at this point. Mommy, Daddy and Big Brother are all doing well and smiling from ear to ear!!! I am babysitting Ryan till Meghan comes home on Saturday - will need Sunday to recoup!!!









I have been up to the hospital a few times - and Meghan is making a great recovery - much better compared to the first one. Ryan loves his little sister as you can see in this one picture - he was checking out her fingers.

Had chemo #18 today. Two more to go! My neuts and white counts were great - wahooo..... ok so they were low but good for me..... neuts were 2.1 and whites were 3.5!! But my haemoglobins were low - 81, Darlene called Gary and he has now put in for another blood transfusion - yippeee - not. That will be three since May. Mila came with me this time. We got talking about acupuncture - and she does this as part of her clinic. Darlene says they have had some good results with it for neuropathy - so I am going to bite the bullet and let Mila stick pins in me.... and hopefully it will help - I have nothing to lose for sure. I also got a bunch of tapes, cds and books from the cancer library yesterday when I was there... Will try out the first cd tonight - need some mental downtime. Next chemo is Nov 25 and then Dec 3. CT scan booked for Dec 31 - may try and get it moved up a wee bit - and will see the doc the week following the CT scan to get the results.

Guess that is it for a while... will update if anything exciting happens... and exciting in a good way.. ..no hospital stays allowed...LOL


With Darlene












This is Trudy, one of the cancer volunteers - she is a sweetie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well first - Congrats on the new addition. She is beautiful and has obviously won the hearts of the fellas in the family (not to mention Gammie)

Good to hear your counts are good too. As to Accupuncture - good for you. I had it in about 1990 and it cured my migraines. Instead of having one a week, I've had about 2 per decade. It's amazing what can be done. The light is on at the end of your chemo tunnel and it's not a freight train - it's sunshine!!!

Keep up the good work - a LOT of your healing is due to your postive attitude because without it, all the medicine in the world would not have done the trick.

hugs, Mavis

Niki G said...

hi roni:

thanks for the update. good to hear that you're getting positive news re numbers. re the newest addition to the family, it looks like her hair is quite dark. is that so?

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni,
Your new granddaughter is beautiful... glad to hear the numbers are good... I agree with Mavis that your positive attitude plays an important role in your journey... you continue to amaze and inspire me... Love Rae

Dotm said...

Roni, I know you do not know me, but I have been following your Cancer journey on and off since first hearing about your blog on a facebook group I joined. I do not read each time you may be posting, but check in and catch up when ever I can.
Congrats on the beautiful new granddaughter. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving time. Here in New York, we will be celebrating it this month.
Having lost my brother in August from bone cancer, it makes me feel good to read about your progress and to see someone fighting this terrible disease and winning against it. Your courage and your determination are to be proud of. Looking forward to the day when your cancer becomes a thing of the past and your future becomes one loaded with only good times and no more treatments needed.