Friday, November 13, 2009

Got another fill up!

Hi there

Well, went yesterday for my usual fill-up!

Ok, I went for another transfusion! This was number 3 and then 2nd in 6 weeks. Had a wee bit more fun in the room this time, though still the youngest one there!!! Brought water and snacks with me this time which did help pass some of the time away. And had two different books - though can't remember what I read! Lot of good that does, huh. So will have to go back and re-read. I was in bed by 9 and asleep very quickly. The poor heart didn't know what to do with those extra two pints of blood - so figured it was time to shut the body down and rest and I did!

Next chemo is on the 26th so nothing to report till then - hopefully.

Madelynn is doing well - though haven't seen her since Monday.....LOL... will have to see if the family will come over for a visit on the weekend - like Sunday. Subtle aren't I!

I have put my name in for some volunteer work and have been picked for three different events. One will be a lot of fun - working for the Arts Club Theatre during the Olympics on Granville Island. Working the green room - which will be a lot of fun for sure! As well as a greeter/rover. Two others haven't really heard what I will be doing, but should be getting a phone call soon.

Well that is about all for now.

Call me, write me, email me, poke me........ I am bored people.... never hear from anyone.... seems like all my friends have gone poof. Though my FB friends seem to be around!!

Roni

6 comments:

yummymomma08 said...

Well , I had something to say and it has disappeared. Damn mommybrain!! Anyways, Ashton is cutting yet another tooth and the first one isn't totally all the way through yet!! Oh well. I can't believe he is going to be a year old in just over a week!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni, sounds like another busy week, congratulations on new grandaughter. Was good to see they came on weekend and brought the baby!Our little guy is with his mother this week, it is hard all that coming and going, but I guess that is life. Mike is in B,C, for work this week,so I have a very quiet house. It has been very cool , but no more snow yet! Can't believe Christmas is coming up so fast, will have to get shopping. It is great you got some volunteer work that you like, enjoy that. I maybe going back for some physical therapy on legs soon, the hands are numb, but nothing to be done about that, the surgeries didn't work and the nerves and muscles died, I can to most things from habit ,but drop things a lot..lol I ;m not looking forward to winter, the cold just seems colder these days..lol take care Roni, ...sandra erickson

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni,
I hope the transfusion is working it's magic and you are feeling more energetic. You continue to inspire me and I thank you for that. Madelynn looks so cute, you are blessed to have babies in your life! Hope the week is good to you! You deserve it... Love ya, Rae

Niki G said...

hi ron:

good to hear they've filled the gas tank again! hopefully that will give you lots more energy to do all the stuff you wanna do. christmas is coming and i'm sure it's going to be that much more fun with all those little kids around. xoxo niki

p.s. for hours of fun check out http://www.fmylife.com/

Roni said...

Love to hear what people are doing especially those that live a great distance away.

Tamarra - yeah, hard to believe Ashton will be year - time does fly - no longer a baby but a toddler about to get into all kinds of trouble!!!

Sandra - yeah, the volunteer stuff that I will be doing will be great - may get to see some of the plays and such at the Arts Club Theatre - and it is during the time of the Olympics - and Granville Island will be a great place to be!

Rae - we are going to have to get together before Christmas!!! I have two chemos left from this round, but have drivers. Maybe for the next round (and yes, I feel there will be another), hoping you will be able to come and see the fun that can be had in a chemo room - ask Sarah and Chantal!!!

Niki - when are you organizing a dinner with the gals? Would love to see everyone again - though would be easier if not all the way downtown!!!

More will be posted later - have some photos to put on an updates and such!!!

Hugz to all - and can't wait to read more from my friends on here!

Roni

Anonymous said...

Roni, I hope it works out that I can have a chemo date with you... We will definately have to get together before christmas.... No big birthday bash this year????? love ya Rae