Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Free at last!!!

Hi Everyone!

Yep - I am outta the hospital! Got home Thursday afternoon and finally getting around to writing on the blog!

I was tired of the hospital after 5 days of really bad food - some of the worst I have ever had in all of my hospital stays!!! And home to my own bed - that is what I sure missed. Even though I did have my own pillow and blanket - just not the same!

I am still waiting to hear from Dr. Pansegrau's secretary when my appointment is at Vancouver General for the port to be put in - so looking forward to it - no more hunting for veins and being poked!! Once that is in and healed, then the chemo will be rescheduled. This now puts me back about 3 weeks give or take.

Just wanted to say thank you to all the get well wishes on here and on Facebook as well as my email. Took me about 3 days to go through all of it. And thank you to Meghan for keeping everyone up to date on here. Saved a lot of phone calls! Though there was the odd person who didn't know!

Will keep everyone abreast as to when I have the surgery and how I am doing! But also, will let everyone know how the Relay for Life goes!! We have two teams this year and I am very proud of that. Donations are still being accepted - the more we raise, the better chance of saving a life! www.cancer.ca then click on what you want to go - Relay for Life, then community - Coquitlam, then look up either Veronica McIlveen or Veronica McIlveen 2. Or by team name - Country Dancing Boobies or Country Dancing Boobies 2 and feel free to donate!!! And we will be doing another hot dog sale in August, more details to follow on that!

Cheers
Roni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Veronica,

I see my comments did not get posted. I clicked on the edit/review and when it asked me to put the code in a second time I did not, thinking it would post twice. I see I was wrong. :>(

Anyway, I am glad you are home. Annie told us you were in the hospital and would be going home on Thursday.

I have to say I not only think your blog is wonderful, but you also have wonderful support from your family and friends. You are truly loved. What medicine could be better than that????

I also think, you are very courageous, honest and something I didn't know, A Funny Girl.... :<) Who knew! Or is it the "Family" sarcasim trait? LOL :<)

It is great to talk with you again and we will talk again soon.

Love, Your much younger niece, :<) Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hey Roni
Yesterday was the 4 year anniversary of my brother's passing from Cancer and I'm so happy that you are still in there battling and fighting the fight. Never give up! I did raise a glass to you and my brother last night, 2 of the bravest people I know

Cheers

Mike S