Friday, May 29, 2009

Pic Line is In!!!

Wahoo.... no more IV's!! Had the last one this morning!!

It wasn't all that bad, even if it was under a local, but I did get a little bit of sedation - not much - more to relax me. Dr. Salvian came into the pre-op area and introduced himself, very nice surgeon and explained the process a little bit, which was nice. The nurses were great and I actually was taken into the operating room early - wahoo.

Onto the not so skinny operating table and then they started to attach the heart monitor equipment and gave me lots of warm blankets. And aligned up the camera that would be used to ensure everything went into the right place. Dr. Salvian actually was the one to drape me and put up the shield and the nurses checked on me quite a bit. He gave me LOTS of freezing and said that if I felt anything, to let him know. And I DID!! Told him I could feel whatever he was doing and he instantly gave me more freezing. He uses staples rather than sutures, so I have to book an appt with my family doctor to have them taken out on June 8 (which means I should phone her and make an appt after I finish this posting!).

For pain, he suggested T3's - I reminded him I am allergic to codeine. So he said extra strength Tylenol along with my own pain meds - sounds good to me - and yes, they have been taken!

I just got a call from the cancer clinic. I see Dr. P on Tuesday at 10:20 and they have booked my chemo for June 4, no time yet. Will more than likely do the bloodwork after I see Dr. P as the paperwork might need to be updated. So we are back on schedule for the chemo. Two sessions left and then a CT scan and x-ray to see what has progressed since the last one.

Been working in my garden lots and planted a few more funky plants and 151 bulbs - all glads and one neat looking one that I can't remember the name of at the moment!!! Glad I got it all done last night as there is no way I could do it today.

8 days till the Relay for Life - I still need more donations - this is a subtle hint for those that said they would donate and go online and haven't!! I want to make my goal!!

Ciao for now and have a wonderful weekend!

Roni

4 comments:

Niki G said...

okay, i've finally done it. donation has been made. you're almost at your target!

Anonymous said...

YAY - see it wasn't so bad even if they didn't put you under right???? I hope you make your goal Roni I look forward to hearing all about the Relay.

Subtle hints work VERY WELL!!!

Hugs, Bonnie

BCSugar said...

Roni,

I'm so glad that your minor surgery went so well, and that now you don't have to put up with the IVs each chemo round. I'm also glad that you're back on track for getting your last two sessions done - then we can see how well the fight goes!

Take care, girlfriend! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that that the portacath is in so you don't have to be a pincushion anymore. Over 150 bulbs planted. WOW! That is going to look amazing once they are all flowering.
Looking forward to seeing you on Relay day.

Hugs.
Concetta