Monday, October 20, 2008

Chemo's a Go!!

This is going to a quick update as I am in desperate need of sleep!!! :)
Mom went in for her blood work today, to check her blood counts and make sure they are all normal. Thankfully, they are exactly where they should be!!! She also went and saw Dr. Pansegrau as well, who told her everything is good!!! He sent her for a chest x-ray as Mom is starting to cough again and have shortness of breath. And as she put it the other day she's "starting to crackle again"... I'm not sure when the results from that will come back but I am assuming it will be soon.
Round 3 of chemo is a go for Wednesday morning. They are still going to be using the same drug as before (docetaxol), however; instead of waiting to see if there is going to be an allergic reaction, they are going to give Mom two doses of Benedryl as well as a hydrocortisone shot. Once they have done that, they will then start the docetaxol (same dosage as before 75%). We are hoping for no reactions this time!!!! :D

4 comments:

BCSugar said...

YAY!!! I'm SO glad that everything's fine with the blood count, and that the doc's are happy with the way things are going. Sounds great that prior to the chemo they'll administer the anti-allergic drugs - better to be on the safe side, than to wait for a reaction...

Half way!! After tomorrow's session, you're half way done! Gotta love that!

Take care, and maybe see you before the end of the month!

Hugs 'n' love!
R&C

Anonymous said...

Just a wee correction. I won't be getting a shot of hydrocortisone, but a full bag of the stuff - takes about 15 minutes for it to get into my system.

Let's hope that tomorrows session just flies by with no reactions or anything!

Roni

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, Roni!!! Well... I think about you all the time, but tomorrow I'll be thinking extra hard :-P Fingers crossed that you won't have an allergic reaction this time! Take care, get a good night's sleep... and I'll see you on FB! :-D

Anonymous said...

Oops!
That last message was from me... Victoria. LOL! Sorry!!