Wednesday, July 9, 2008

CT Scan & X-Ray

Ok so the update from my mom today…

She went in for her CT scan this morning as well as a chest X-Ray. The Dr. realized the contrast dye that is given to patients having this type of CT scan was actually having a negative effect on Mom’s kidneys so she was given medication to prevent any further damage to start taking Tuesday and will continue taking it tonight. With having to take this medication however, Mom had to drink A LOT of water prior to the scan as well as all through tonight-well you all know the end result in that ;). Mom originally thought she was going to be given Ativan (a mild sedative) for the CT scan as she is claustrophobic, however she didn’t actually need it as the scan was much quicker than the last one and it was not one of the older “tube” scanning machines.

Well, I think that’s about all there was to it… The Dr. should get the results soon and Mom meets with her next week. So we should have a biopsy date by next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

Thanks for the update Megz -- and thanks for doing this -- it helps us all!

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear this CT scan was easier for you Roni.

Thinking about you from Mexico!

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Hello All,
My name is Brian. I am Roni’s life partner, best friend, lover, confidant, worst critic and biggest fan (although her kids may give me a run for my money on the last two.) I am the last person she sees at night and first one she sees in the morning. I have never been through cancer before; this is all new to me.
Over the last couple of week I have repeatedly heard from family and friends lines to the effect of, “I don’t know what to say!” So I will tell you, up close and personal, it doesn’t matter what you say as long as you show your support.
In this life, next to the air that fills our lungs, there is no greater comfort than the hand that holds ours. Extend your hand; verbally, physically, emotionally, spiritually. In person, via email or this blog, over the phone or by mail. Say Hi. Share a memory, a moment in time, a cup of tea or just a quiet moment while you hold her hand. You may even wish to share a tear or two.
My feet will traverse through difficulties and dangers to join with your in a column of mutual defense. Look out cancer….Veronica is coming and she bringing her gang!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian! We only met once briefly but I wanted you to know that in the very short time I have known Roni I do know that she is a fighter and with her gang at hand she will win this battle. Warm hugs and thoughts and see you both soon. Catch up with me Roni by phone if you can.

janice johnstone

Anonymous said...

Brian (& Roni)
I read your comments tonight and I write this with tears running down my face. Veronica was introduced to me through our mutual friend Ardene when I was faced with the battle of breast cancer. We hit if off with the first call (Ardene knew we would). Our first "chat" was over an hour. She was one of the very few visitors I had in the hospital in Vancouver. I am still amazed & honored that a perfect stranger would come visit me and bring me an angel. Well actually, it was an angel (Roni) bringing me an angel. Thanks so much for sharing and it is so true - people think of their own awkwardness over the troubles that a friend or loved one is going through.

I would get an email asking me how I was feeling cuz she knew I'd had a chemo treatment or been to the doc or just plain hadn't heard from me for awhile (something family didn't do). I know all about people feeling awkward.

Roni - you FIGHT strong (as I know you will) because we have some more wine to share when I make it to the lower mainland. And people, put asie the awkwardness - we only go through life once and it would be a shame to miss out on some good times with a friend over.

Hugs, love and laughter

Bonnie (your friend in the north well not as north as some....)