Monday, July 7, 2008

Surgeon's Appointment

So my mom had an appointment this morning with Dr. Ong and this is what she said.

She has ordered the ct scan films from St. Paul’s hospital to get an idea as to what’s there-she currently only has the written report which can only be helpful to a certain extent.

Dr. Ong also listened to my Mom’s lungs and said she didn’t think there was a lot of fluid in them, it does however show in the ultrasound my Mom had last week. She scheduled a Pulmonary Function Test for my mom, and she is going in for that this afternoon at 4pm. Basically to check and see how my Mom’s heart is holding up through all this.

Mom is also going for another ct scan tomorrow to check her chest, abdomen, and pelvic region as well. Dr. Ong said she should get the results from the CT scan and the PFT by Thursday and once she has them she will then book the biopsy. Once the biopsy is scheduled Mom will have to call the cancer clinic to book a follow-up appointment with the oncologist.

Well I think that’s all the info Mom gave me; I will update a bit more once Mom has had the PFT.

And as I am sure you have all noticed I changed the picture on here as some people were mentioning the previous picture was too dark… :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong. I knows its hard with waiting for all the appointments and bookings but it sounds like your mom is being looked after. Have faith and good thoughts it goes along way