Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Important Date's and Tattoo's :D

Well a few updates here.…

Mom and Brian have to go to the hospital at7:45am Wednesday morning for the last of the pre-admission stuff. Mom has to get her ECG done as well as the blood work. From there they will meet with the nurse in the pre-admission clinic to get the last bits of paperwork and some information as to exactly what is going to take place for the surgery (type of anesthetic and pain medication, will go over any previous surgeries Mom has had to determine if she had any problems after them, etc.)

That should wrap up the pre-admission stuff and Mom should be ready to go for the surgery on Thursday morning. Her and Brian need to be at the hospital at 7:10am on Thursday and her surgery should start at 9:10am (Mom will be the second surgery off the day). It should take about an hour for the surgery and probably a couple of hours for the anesthetic to wear off. We don’t know the room that Mom will be in but I will post that once we know on Thursday. I will also be sure to post on here when Mom is up for some visitors as I am sure she will probably like some time to sleep afterwards and rest.

And finally, I know many of you don’t have facebook and haven’t been able to see pictures of the tattoos yet so I will post them on here as well. For those of you that don’t know, Mom, Shannon (my sister), Patrick (my brother), and I went to Liquid Amber Tattoos yesterday (Monday) and got matching tattoos. Patrick got a ribbon-1/2 in pink for Breast Cancer and ½ in blue for Colon Cancer. Mom, Shannon and I got the Heart of Hope in all pink. Mom got it on the top of her left wrist, I got mine on the inside of my right ankle and Shannon got hers on top of her left foot. So here are the pictures (Sorry they line up weird):
























































4 comments:

Patrick McIlveen said...

Hey,

Just wanna clarify what the blue was for, it was for all my family/friends/friends parents who have had cancer, wether or not they beat it.

Pat

Anonymous said...

And for those who want to know, mine did not really hurt - more of an annoyance. I was very surprised, as I was prepared to grab onto Shannon's hand - it was there at the ready. There were the odd ones that smarted but all in all was pretty good. We had a great artist working on us, Jenny, and I think that also made it a lot easier for all four of us.

I was very glad to have this given to me and very proud of my three kids for also joining me in getting the tattoos. Meant a great deal to me.

Mom

Anonymous said...

The tatooes, are beautiful. You are an amazing woman, and have a wonderful supportive family. Once again you are an inspiration to us all. Sandra Erickson

Anonymous said...

Tatts looks great and what an awesome sign of ever lasting support. It was also raise awareness when people ask you all the story behind them.

Can't wait to compare ink with you.
Bonnie