Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Admitted

OK so here is the full update....
Mom has been admitted into the hospital (she is at Surrey Memorial Hospital)... As I had mentioned in the last post, Mom's fever was 38.8C and when they had last taken it, it was up to 39.4C. Mom didn't mention a whole lot about what the infection IS but she did say that her white blood count is EXTREMELY low. The hospital was paging the oncologist on-call when Mom called me. Mom is currently in an isolation room in the ER while they wait for a bed to be ready for her. She will be up on the 5th floor but no room number yet. I am not sure on the visitors part yet, but what I do know is that anyone that does come up to see her CANNOT be sick and must be gowned, gloved and masked to prevent any further infection. Once I know more about a room and visitors I will post it on here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had such a happy chat with your Mom yesterday Meghan.

I'm so sorry to hear of the fever and admission. Let's all pray it is under control very quickly. Also - that a bed is soon free for her on 5th.

Please give her my love Megz, thanks.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Roni, You are in my thoughts and prayers.... Get home soon... Love Rae

Anonymous said...

The chemo will make her immune system very weak and therefore her white count very low. Isolation wont allow many visitors because it is just that, Isolation. It is likely very advisable that visitors are kept to a minimum as its not just about someone being sick, its about the bacteria that can travel in on someone who believes they are fine. Its best for Roni that she is kept protected against a bug big time.

Janice the Nurse

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're in the Hospital Veronica. I wish I could wave a magic wand and you would be cured --If only, right?!
But you are in my thoughts and prayers always and I hope you will out of the Hospital soon.
Hugs, Anne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this update, Meghan!
Please let your Mom know that everyone on Team Roni is rooting for her!

Anonymous said...

Sorry... that last post was from me - Victoria.