Thursday, September 4, 2008

No Clinical Trial

Hi Everyone

Well, I just got a call from my onclogist - I have been rejected from the clinical trial because of my heart. I have a left bundle branch block - which we knew about going into this. The trial drug can cause some serious heart problems and as such, they said best for me not to be in the trial.

I am disappointed to say the least - would have been nice to help others down the line and it could have helped me as well.

My chemo still starts on the 10th. I am not sure if I am still on the every three week program or if that changes to weekly - guess will find out. I have to go and see Dr. P on Monday to get my scripts for the two drugs I need to take. And our lovely provincial government does not cover them - they are supplemental. So will land paying for these. Will only need 6 at this time of the anti-nausea drugs and 18 of the anti-allergy drugs.

Hope you all have been enjoying the wig blog - it was a lot of fun and man, there are some bad wigs out there - they looked ok on the heads but when they were put on my head - yech!

All for now...and there will be more later!!!

Roni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you Roni and checking in. So sorry to hear that you have to bear the cost of the meds. Geeze - when I think of some of the things our govemenments spend money on - it's just not right for this to happen. Disappointing for you not to be in the trial - but I'm so glad your oncologist is doing what's best for you. You have done more than you already know for so many people. I know you have enriched my life and I've never even met you.
Hugs, Mavis