Monday, September 22, 2008

And We Have Lift Off....

OK, well maybe not lift off but we have a jump in numbers!!! Mom's counts went from being 0.8 yesterday morning to 1.6 today :)... They took the IV out of Mom's hand (finally, as she put it) and they are going to put her on an oral antibiotic to help prevent any further infections...I know some of you are probably wondering what Mom's numbers need to be at in order for her to be discharged, and the answer to that is 1.0 or higher. So Mom should be going home either tomorrow or Wednesday. Mom is hoping for sooner for more than one reason... We have planned that on Thursday-Shannon, Patrick and I are going to shave Mom's hair. However, Mom told me today that she's not sure there will be that much hair left by then as she has been pulling handfuls out. Regardless of what happens, we will all be there with her and for her!!! :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news for Roni and the Irish Fighting Team....i am a bit worried that her count is still low for a second round but I am sure by Oct 1st the docs will make a further decision. Its good news regardless as I am sure Roni wants to be home with her garden and family.

Hugs to all of you!

Anonymous said...

That is so scary that chemo can do this to a person. I guess what they say is that the cure may be worse than the disease.

I am glad that things seem to be slowly coming around to normal.
Roni, I am thinking of you and hopeful that you will soon be home again.

Sending hugs
Daphne