Thursday, September 25, 2008

Snip Snip, Buzz Buzz

Well today was the day that we have all be awaiting and yet dreading as well... Patrick, Brian and I cut/shaved Mom's hair tonight-Shannon was going to come and help as well but she was really sick so she couldn't be there..

There were some tears-though not as many as we thought there would be-and many laughs... We took A LOT of pictures, so I have had to sort through them all and pick out the best ones... There are more to come still, as Mom needs to send me the ones from her camera. So here they are!!!

What was left of Mom's hair before we cut it

The first cut-I highly recommend using SHARP scissors to cut hair...

....Getting there...

Almost done trimming it

There, done trimming

Patrick doing the first buzz



Patrick CLEARLY was not destined to be a barber



Almost done buzzing it



Last one...

All buzzed!!

AHHH nice warm towel...

BRRRR

WHOA that's cold!!



Partially shaved



Who said sleeping was allowed??

This razor isn't working very well....

Time for a new one
Mom's scalp looks a lot worse than it was...


Getting those last few strands


I'm pretty sure this was a "get the hair out of my face" look

Some tears after it was done

Brian rubbing Mom's head to see if a genie would appear

Here are some of Mom's head coverings:
Mom's Pink knitted cap

The Brown velvet

This one was just awful...

Mom being a goof!!

10 comments:

BCSugar said...

Roni!! You look great with no hair! You have a really nice head shape - be grateful, cause I've seen some that certainly aren't!!

You should have gone with the 'Kojak' look years ago!! lol

Love it, and love ya!!

Vanessa Z. said...

Roni, you look beautiful!!! I LOVE your pink touque. No hair is definitely better than hair falling out in clumps, I'm sure that drains will appreciate it :o)

Anonymous said...

Bald IS beautiful. Looks pretty good to me. Did the Genie arrive

love colleen

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare cover up that beautiful head....Love the look!

Mike Schweers.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I could not be there. Not for lack of trying, but the health gods wouldn't allow it.

I am just sorry I missed out on the chili you made for the event!

How it looks will be how you work it. And you work it well. Just saying though, not a big fan of the brown velvet.

Will try and find some paint be numbers as well next week and bring them by.

Love you,

Shan.

Anonymous said...

Hey Beautiful!

Let me know when you want me to come by with some child sized stockings *Wink*wink*

All of my love

Kim M

Anonymous said...

Hey, just think of the time and money you'll save with your new look! I like your touque :-)

Hang in there,
Claudia W

Anonymous said...

Hey Roni, Your hair may be gone but you will never loose your beautiful smile!

Christie Probe

Anonymous said...

The look suits you Roni - you look great!

I'll be thinking about you and running for you this Sunday in the CIBC Run for the Cure.

Love and hugs,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Roni no matter if you had hair or no hair you are still beautiful and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.