Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chemo-round1



Well Mom had her first round of chemo at 10am this morning. Brian and I went with her to keep her company and to help her with anything she needed while she was hooked up. The nurse Mom had-I think her name was Tracey-was amazing!!! She went through everything very thoroughly and explained all the different side effects Mom can expect and when to call/go to the ER and all that stuff. We were there for about an hour and a half and everything went very smoothly. So far Mom is feeling alright, though her arm was bothering her a bit this afternoon-nothing a heating pad couldn't fix though ;). Mom goes in on Sept. 30 to get some blood work done to make sure her blood counts are up and then goes in for round 2 of chemo on or around Oct. 1. This picture is from earlier today during the chemo (we are going to try and get a picture at each round). Well I think that's about it for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roni - you did real well - good girl! You rest and take care ok!!

Many hugs,

Lynne:)

BCSugar said...

Roni, I'm glad it went okay for you, and that you had Brian and Megz with you today. I'm sure you'll be fine through all of them - keep strong. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni, You look so relaxed and you are SMILING!!! Rest well and enjoy the lazy days of summer... Love Rae

Anonymous said...

Keep the focus!!- treatment is temporary- thats what I told myself every time I was infused. I am surprised they didn't put in a port though- I think it is so much easier than getting a vein each time..keep it in mind?...I will be out of town for a week- actually get to see my daughter in person this week (I am super lonesome for her)- be well and I will be thinking of you everyday
God Bless
Beck

Anonymous said...

Hi Roni, glad to hear things are moving along..Wendy