Thursday, September 18, 2008

just a quickie...

I spoke with my Mom a little while ago and she gave me a bit of an update on how she's doing... Her temperature went back up again today to 39C but has since dropped down to 38C. They are taking blood cultures twice a day now to monitor her blood counts. She's been given meds for her headaches as well as for a cold sore. Mom said that she is constantly tired now and has been resting a bit... Her hair has also started coming out, so once she is out of the hospital we will be shaving it. Dr. Pansegrau came by to see how she was doing today and said that he is hoping this will just be a one time thing with her reacting to the chemo drug. They are going to go ahead with the next scheduled chemo treatment on Oct 1 and will see what happens with that one. If Mom has the same reaction she has now, they will try lowering her dosage and see if that helps. Mom said she should be heading home on or around Sunday. Will keep you all updated as I find out more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering/worried since I first read. I'll probably be "out of contact" for the next week with a work trip and stuff. Please give your mom and BIG HUG for me. thanks!

Bonnie Hickey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update - WE are thinking about you Roni! Hope you get some strenght back soon..."The Train People" send hugs and best wishes....
Kari, Lisa, Vishal

Anonymous said...

Ken just sent me the address to your blog -- please give your mom a big hug from me and let her know she's in my thoughts!

Claudia W (from work)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Roni, and sending all my "energy" your way... Feel better soon
Hugs, Rae

BCSugar said...

Just read the last two updates. Thanks for calling us, Roni, we were concerned about how you are, but you sounded in pretty good spirits, particularly when you told me to FO! Still chuckling over that one! lol

We certainly hope this isn't going to be 'norm' for you after each treatment. You're in our thoughts all the time. Take care, and get outta that hospital soon!

Love ya,
C&R